Certificates of Insurance

IMAGE: ins certificate.jpgIt is increasingly common for other organizations and/or people (third parties) to request some evidence that the fraternity/sorority or chapter has insurance coverage in place. The form that confirms that coverage is, in fact, in place is called the Certificate of Insurance, and it shows your limits and coverages.

In addition, it is also very common for you to receive a request from a lendor requesting that you provide evidence that you carry property insurance. Banks often require you to list them as a Mortgagee or Loss Payee on your policy for property for which they provide a loan. Companies from whom you lease equipment, such as a copy machine vendor, also often request proof that you are carrying insurance to cover any damage to their equipment. The document that reflects the property coverages at a location is called a Property Certificate of Insurance.


To request a Certificate of Insurance, please refer to the Certificate of Insurance Request Form or contact Ruth Akers, Account Manager.


For more information regarding requesting Certificates of Insurance, please refer to the Library under the Certificates of Insurance heading.