As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, the considerations for re-opening the chapter house have dominated our conversations. Re-opening is a complicated decision, but we have been collecting property-related resources to help you make the most informed decision. If you have a question that is not answered here, please do not hesitate to contact your Client Executive.
Top Recommended Property Resources
- What To Consider When Re-Opening resource (including Member Agreement Addendum sample verbiage and Recommended Questions for University Contacts)
- Cleaning Guidance for Sorority Properties for COVID-19
MJ Sorority Communications with Property Resources
- COVID-19 Risk Management Bulletin: Shorter webinars for chapter officers and house corporation volunteers, expected uptick of additional insured requests, posters for your use, updated Letter to Member’s Parents with COVID-19 verbiage, commercial kitchen FAQ, and more (sent August 24, 2020).
- COVID-19 Risk Management Bulletin: MJ Sorority Event Planning Resource, Questions About Quarantining, Upcoming Webinars, and more (sent July 27, 2020).
- COVID-19 Update and Announcements: Updated Letter to Member’s Parents with COVID-19 verbaige, Coverage FAQ, Upcoming Webinars, and webinar recordings, and more (sent July 7, 2020).
- Property Closures & Prepping for the Fall: What You Need To Know webinar with MJ and CSL Management (recorded June 24, 2020)
- COVID-19 Update and Announcements: Recordings of kitchen services webinars + COVID-19 recommended reading + more (sent June 15, 2020).
- COVID-19 Update & Announcements: Decontamination webinar + Kitchen services webinars + and more (sent June 1, 2020). Decontamination webinar with Maxons Restoration (recorded June 3, 2020).
- COVID-19 Weekly Update: Mold Considerations, Importance of Communication, Recommended Reading This Week, and Upcoming Webinars (sent May 18, 2020)
- COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions Webinar: Answering Your Questions (Recorded May 6, 2020)
- COVID-19 Weekly Update: What To Consider When Re-Opening resource, FAQs webinar, Workers’ Compensation Audit Update, and more (sent May 5, 2020)
- COVID-19 Weekly Update: Your FAQs, Workers’ Compensation Update, Addition to Important Terms for Housing Agreements, This Week’s Webinars, and more (sent April 27, 2020)
- COVID-19 Weekly Update + Survey: What we are learning about COVID-19, Important Property Reminders, and more (sent April 20, 2020)
- Property Implications of COVID-19 Webinar– Including Decontamination Resources and Questions (Recorded April 15, 2020). PowerPoint Slides from webinar.
- COVID-19 Weekly Update + Decontamination Resources (sent April 13, 2020)
- COVID-19 Weekly Update and Mental Health Resources (sent April 6, 2020).
- Mental Health webinar with Will Frankenberger (recorded April 1, 2020). Will’s slides.
- Employment Implications of COVID-19 (recorded March 25, 2020). Michelle Anderson’s PowerPoint and State-by-State Reference Guide.
- COVID-19 Weekly Update and Upcoming Webinars (sent March 23, 2020)
- COVID-19 Response Webinar Recording (March 18, 2020)
- COVID-19 Update + Upcoming Webinars (sent March 16, 2020)
- Stress Management Resource (printable)
- Risk Awareness Brief: COVID-19 Insurance Implications (Sent March 10, 2020)
- Risk Awareness Brief: Protecting Members and Employees from COVID-19 (sent February 26, 2020)
Kitchen Management Resources
- Greek House Chefs’ webinar with MJ
- Upper Crust’s webinar with MJ
- College Fresh’s webinar with MJ (part one and part two)
- Update from Gill Grilling
- Free courses and certification for COVID-19 from ServSafe (available in English and Spanish)
Additional Helpful Resources for Chapter Housing
- Social distancing and bed spacing recommendations from County of Los Angeles Public Health
Important Reminders for Your Chapter House
The sudden closure of many of our properties present exposures that may be easily overlooked. Make sure that you have taken the following proactive steps for closed facilities:
- Secure external doors and windows and activate your building security system. If you do not have a security system, schedule drive-bys of the facility.
- Maintain building heating systems to prevent water pipes from freezing or damage to sensitive equipment. Also maintain electrical power if it supports critical equipment.
- Keep the automatic fire protection systems on and in service.
- Notify the campus police department that the property will be vacant and provide emergency notification phone numbers to the police.
- Mold is increasingly a concern, especially with the facilities being unoccupied for so much longer than usual. Make sure that someone is regularly inspecting the building for water and other damage. Maintain proper climate control to minimize mold from occurring.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have a COVID-19 question? Please submit your questions to Sara Sterley, and we will add them to this resource.