As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, the considerations for re-opening have dominated our conversations. Re-opening is a complicated decision, but we have been collecting resources to help you make the most informed decision. Our most important recommendation is that chapter operations staff and volunteers must be in open and frequent communication with: your national organization, your national and/or local house corporation, your university officials regarding what they are doing and considering regarding re-opening, and your local public health department.
If you have a question that is not answered here, please do not hesitate to contact your Client Executive.
Top Recommended Chapter Operations Resources
- What To Consider When Re-Opening resource (including Member Agreement Addendum sample verbiage and Recommended Questions for University Contacts)
- MJ Sorority’s Guide to Planning Safer Events During COVID-19
MJ Sorority Communications with Chapter Operations Resources
- COVID-19 Risk Management Bulletin: MJ Sorority Event Planning Resource, Questions About Quarantining, Upcoming Webinars, and more (sent July 27, 2020).
- COVID-19 Update and Announcements: Updated Letter to Member’s Parents with COVID-19 verbaige, Coverage FAQ, Upcoming Webinars, and webinar recordings, and more (sent July 7, 2020).
- Property Closures & Prepping for the Fall: What You Need To Know webinar with MJ and CSL Management (recorded June 24, 2020)
- COVID-19 Update & Announcements: Decontamination webinar + Kitchen services webinars + and more (sent June 3, 2020). Decontamination webinar with Maxons Restoration (recorded June 3, 2020).
- COVID-19 Weekly Update: Mold Considerations, Importance of Communication, Recommended Reading This Week, and Upcoming Webinars (sent May 18, 2020)
- COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions Webinar: Answering Your Questions (Recorded May 6, 2020)
- COVID-19 Weekly Update: What To Consider When Re-Opening resource, FAQs webinar, Workers’ Compensation Audit Update, and more (sent May 5, 2020)
- COVID-19 Weekly Update: Your FAQs, Workers’ Compensation Update, Addition to Important Terms for Housing Agreements, This Week’s Webinars, and more (sent April 27, 2020)
- COVID-19 Weekly Update + Survey: What we are learning about COVID-19, Important Property Reminders, and more (sent April 20, 2020)
- Property Implications of COVID-19 Webinar– Including Decontamination Resources and Questions (Recorded April 15, 2020). PowerPoint Slides from webinar.
- COVID-19 Weekly Update + Decontamination Resources (sent April 13, 2020)
- COVID-19 Weekly Update and Mental Health Resources (sent April 6, 2020).
- Mental Health webinar with Will Frankenberger (recorded April 1, 2020). Will’s slides.
- Employment Implications of COVID-19 (recorded March 25, 2020). Michelle Anderson’s PowerPoint and State-by-State Reference Guide.
- COVID-19 Weekly Update and Upcoming Webinars (sent March 23, 2020)
- COVID-19 Response Webinar Recording (March 18, 2020)
- COVID-19 Update + Upcoming Webinars (sent March 16, 2020)
- Stress Management Resource (printable)
- Risk Awareness Brief: COVID-19 Insurance Implications (Sent March 10, 2020)
- Risk Awareness Brief: Protecting Members and Employees from COVID-19 (sent February 26, 2020)
Panhellenic and University-related Resources
- Daily updated listing of university’s plans for the fall from The Chronicle of Higher Education
- NPC Guidance on the Small Business Loan Program
- COVID-19: Government Relations Update from NPC
- Coronavirus: How should US higher education plan for an uncertain future? McKinsey & Company
- NIC COVID-19 Guidance and Resources Page – many helpful resources here
- A letter from Mitch Daniels, President of Purdue University, which may offer some guidance as to how other universities are planning for the fall
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have a COVID-19 question? Please submit your questions to Sara Sterley, and we will add them to this resource.