As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, employment considerations become increasingly complicated. Please continue reading for our many resources on employment during this challenging time. If you have a question that is not answered here, please do not hesitate to contact your Client Executive.
As this situation is such a dynamic one, information and recommendations have changed from the beginning of the pandemic in early 2020. We have tried to update resources accordingly, but always verify with your Client Executive for our most updated recommendations.
Top Recommended Employment Resources
- COVID-19 Employer Toolkit: Back to Business Guide (MJ Insurance)
- The MJ Insurance COVID-19 Resource Center for Employers
- Fisher Phillips COVID-19 Resource Center (employment resources)
- MJ Sorority’s What To Consider When Re-Opening resource (including Member Agreement Addendum sample verbiage and Recommended Questions for University Contacts)
MJ Sorority Communications with Employment Resources
- COVID-19 Update and Announcements: Updated Letter to Member’s Parents with COVID-19 verbaige, Coverage FAQ, Upcoming Webinars, and webinar recordings, and more (sent July 7, 2020).
- Follow-up employment webinar with Michelle Anderson and Tiffani Phillips of Fisher Phillips
- COVID-19 Weekly Update: Mold Considerations, Importance of Communication, Recommended Reading This Week, and Upcoming Webinars (sent May 18, 2020)
- What To Consider When Re-Opening resource (including Member Agreement Addendum sample verbiage)
- COVID-19 Weekly Update: What To Consider When Re-Opening resource, FAQs webinar, Workers’ Compensation Audit Update, and more (sent May 5, 2020)
- COVID-19 Weekly Update: Your FAQs, Workers’ Compensation Update, Addition to Important Terms for Housing Agreements, This Week’s Webinars, and more (sent April 27, 2020)
- Property Implications of COVID-19 Webinar– Including Decontamination Resources and Questions (Recorded April 15, 2020). PowerPoint Slides from webinar.
- COVID-19 Weekly Update + Decontamination Resources (sent April 13, 2020)
- Cleaning Guidance for Sorority Properties for COVID-19
- Employment Implications of COVID-19 (recorded March 25, 2020). Michelle Anderson’s PowerPoint and State-by-State Reference Guide.
- Risk Awareness Brief: COVID-19 Insurance Implications (Sent March 10, 2020)
- Risk Awareness Brief: Protecting Members and Employees from COVID-19 (sent February 26, 2020)
Helpful Articles and Resources from Various Sources
- Department of Labor guidance and requirements in response to Families First Coronavirus Response Act. Th FFCRA requires that employers post a poster such as this one to meet DOL requirements arising out of FFCRA.
- Familes First Coronavirus Response Act Summary from Coots, Henke & Wheeler
- Suddenly Working Remote: The Five Attitudes You (and Your Team) Will Navigate: Webinar with Lindsay Boccardo
- Navigating Sudden Remote Work Due to COVID-19: Webinar with Lindsay Boccardo
- Why You Should Ignore All Of That Coronavirus-Inspired Productivity Pressure via The Chronicle
- How to Manage Your Personal Automobile: Reminders for COVID-19
- DOL Guidance on Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- The Rules of Social Distancing (Vox)
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have a COVID-19 question? Please submit your questions to Sara Sterley, and we will add them to this resource.