As the number of reported cases of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to rise, women’s fraternities and sororities are increasingly confronted with the implications of university closures and additional consequences from this pandemic. We have and will continue to monitor and share information to help you navigate the uncertainty of COVID-19 and its associated impact on your organization. Contact your Client Executive with any questions and continue to check the MJ Sorority COVID-19 Resource Center for updated information and helpful resources.
Because our resources have become so voluminous, we separated out our resources into specific pages for Chapter Operations, Chapter House, Employment, Insurance Coverage & Financial Considerations, and COVID-19 Webinars and Virtual Offerings.
MJ Sorority Communications
All MJ Sorority communications linked to here.
MJ Insurance Resources
Panhellenic and University-related Resources
- Daily updated listing of university’s plans for the fall from The Chronicle of Higher Education
- NPC Guidance on the Small Business Loan Program
- COVID-19: Government Relations Update from NPC
- Coronavirus: How should US higher education plan for an uncertain future? McKinsey & Company
- NIC COVID-19 Guidance and Resources Page – many helpful resources here
- A letter from Mitch Daniels, President of Purdue University, which may offer some guidance as to how other universities are planning for the fall
Helpful Articles and Resources from Various Sources
- Cushman & Wakefield Guide for Reopening Your Workplace
- Familes First Coronavirus Response Act Summary from Coots, Henke & Wheeler
- Suddenly Working Remote: The Five Attitudes You (and Your Team) Will Navigate: Webinar with Lindsay Boccardo
- Navigating Sudden Remote Work Due to COVID-19: Webinar with Lindsay Boccardo
- Why You Should Ignore All Of That Coronavirus-Inspired Productivity Pressure via The Chronicle
- How to Manage Your Personal Automobile: Reminders for COVID-19
- DOL Guidance on Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Fisher Phillips COVID-19 Resource Center (employment resources)
- The Rules of Social Distancing (Vox)
- How to Flatten the Curve – and Why (Washington Post)
- What to do if you think you have coronavirus (CDC)
Mental Health Resources and Recommendations
Many of our clients and mental health professionals already have tremendous mental health resources and are willing to share during these troubling days for all of us – check out the resources below:
- Explore Alpha Sigma Tau’s Wellness Initiative for many great and relatable resources
- JED Foundation Resource Center and their Love is Louder initiative
- To Write Love on Her Arms
- Free resources and meditations from the Calm App
- Active Minds is hosting several webinars and live chats geared toward college students
- Visit TalkSpace’s Free Facebook Public Support Group to get resources directly from a licensed therapist.
- Mental Well Being During Quarantine Recommendations
Send your additional suggestions to Sara Sterley, Director of Risk Management Education, and we will add them to this page.
During Will’s webinar, he recommended several financial-related resources, as that is a major source of stress for many of us in these uncertain times:
- App Recommendation: Mint and YNAB
- Course: CashCourse
- How to Reduce Your Financial Stress in College
- Federal Student Aid
- NPC Scholarships
- Scholarships dedicated to women
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have a COVID-19 question? Please submit your questions to Sara Sterley, and we will add them to this resource.